sqoop-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Szabolcs Vasas <vasas.szabo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Review Request 68500: Fix tests using HiveMiniCluster
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2018 13:42:19 GMT


> On Aug. 24, 2018, 1:35 p.m., Fero Szabo wrote:
> > Hi Szabi,
> > 
> > I tried to reproduce the issue without your change, by running org.apache.sqoop.hive.TestHiveServer2TextImport,
but couldn't.
> > 
> > I deleted calcite from the ~/.ivy2 and ~/m2 directories and calcite was downloaded.
> > 
> > Am I missing something? (I haven't run the test with gradle, yet, is it related
to only gradle maybe?)
> > 
> > The command I used was this: 
> > ant clean test -Dtestcase=TestHiveServer2TextImport

No, it is indeed very tricky, I have not experienced it for a long time but then the issue
suddenly appeared and I constantly get it without this change since then. I have also been
able to reproduce it on an Ubuntu VM.


- Szabolcs


-----------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/68500/#review207877
-----------------------------------------------------------


On Aug. 24, 2018, 1:16 p.m., Szabolcs Vasas wrote:
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/68500/
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> (Updated Aug. 24, 2018, 1:16 p.m.)
> 
> 
> Review request for Sqoop.
> 
> 
> Bugs: SQOOP-3371
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-3371
> 
> 
> Repository: sqoop-trunk
> 
> 
> Description
> -------
> 
> It seems that SQOOP-3360 broke our tests which use HiveMiniCluster because org.apache.calcite
is not present in the hive-exec:core JAR but this dependency seems to be needed by these tests.
> 
> I am not sure why our Jenkins job did not catch the issue earlier but I get consistent
failures when I run these tests with a clean ivy cache and ant so the dependency issue needs
to be fixed.
> 
> 
> Diffs
> -----
> 
>   build.gradle 9a2b55cfc 
>   gradle.properties a71729e12 
>   ivy.xml 184486029 
>   ivy/libraries.properties 2f1ec9e50 
> 
> 
> Diff: https://reviews.apache.org/r/68500/diff/1/
> 
> 
> Testing
> -------
> 
> Executed unit and third party tests with both ant and gradle.
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Szabolcs Vasas
> 
>


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message