sqoop-dev mailing list archives

From Szabolcs Vasas <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mandatory relocation of Sqoop git repository to gitbox
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2018 16:02:06 GMT
Hi All,

Thank you for the quick response!
The migration has been completed so
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/sqoop.git repository does not exist
anymore.
The new official Apache Sqoop repositories are the following:

   - Gitbox: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/sqoop.git
   - GitHub: https://github.com/apache/sqoop.git

These repositories are automatically kept in sync so you are free to use
either them for your code pushes.

To be able to merge pull requests on the GitHub UI you have to do the
following (obviously these steps work for Sqoop committers only):

   - Setup two factor authentication on GitHub:
   https://help.github.com/articles/securing-your-account-with-two-factor-authentication-2fa/
   - Execute the steps described here:
   https://reference.apache.org/committer/github

Once your GitHub permissions are synced, please set your full name in
GitHub and set the primary email address to your apache one so the commits
merged by you will have a nice author field (for example Szabolcs Vasas <
vasas@apache.org> instead of szvasas <vasas.szabolcs@gmail.com>).

After executing the steps above I have merged this
<https://github.com/apache/sqoop/pull/66> pull request on GitHub today
(unfortunately with mixed results).
I have chosen Squash and merge option first:

then entered the commit message in the usual format and confirmed the merge.
The patch was merged successfully and was synced to the Gitbox repository
however the individual commits were not squashed.
I am not sure if this was a bug or I missed something let's try to be very
cautious next time and see if we can use this workflow or not.

I have reconfigured our Jenkins job (
https://builds.apache.org/job/Sqoop-hadoop200/) to build from the Gitbox
repository and our Travis CI will continue to use the one on GitHub.

Please let me know if you have any questions or problems regarding the
migration.

Szabolcs