sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Arvind Prabhakar <arv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sqoop operations through a Java API client program?
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2011 07:28:08 GMT
Hi Krishnan,

If you don't mind please share some details of your use-case.

Sqoop does not yet provide an API for programmatic invocation. It is
possible to invoke it directly though but would not be very different
from command line invocation. For example you will have to ensure that
your classpath and configuration is setup correctly and that you
invoke the tool with the correct set of arguments. Output from the
tool will be directly written to standard out and you will have to
manage System.exit() calls made by Sqoop which could terminate your
VM. The issue SQOOP-19 [1] tracks this feature request.

[1] https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/SQOOP-19

Thanks,
Arvind