sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "arvind@cloudera.com" <arv...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [sqoop-user] Web interface of hadoop, doesn't report the job status
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 17:05:24 GMT
[bcc: sqoop-user@cloudera.org, to:sqoop-user@incubator.apache.org.
Please move the conversation over to Apache mailing lists.]

Hi Sonal,

If you have only jobs that have transferred 32KB of data to HDFS, then
the numbers you have stated below make sense. The reason why the DFS
Used % remains 0 is because the value 32KB is insignificant as to the
overall capacity of the system which is 119GB.

If however you are running multiple Sqoop jobs and it does not seem to
be changing the DFS used value at all, there may be something else
going on. Are you able to assert that Sqoop import did indeed copy
over data from the source database?

Thanks,
Arvind