sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Peter Hall <Peter.H...@quest.com>
Subject RE: Transactional isolation issue with OraOop during import
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 06:29:52 GMT
Hi Ken,

SCN_ASCENDING should help. We are currently developing a patch to allow adding hints to the
SQL. No release date for it yet, but should be soon. Once that's out you can try SCN_ASCENDING.

In the mean time you could try increasing the size of the rollback segments. David should
be able to provide more details when he's available.

Cheers,
Peter
________________________________
From: Ken Krugler [kkrugler_lists@transpac.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 21 September 2011 6:35
To: sqoop-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Transactional isolation issue with OraOop during import

Hi all, and especially Quest devs,

We ran into a failing Sqoop issue recently, while importing lots of data from an Oracle DB.

>From the error below it looks Oracle is using transactional isolation for read consistency
- but in our case, when pulling isolated rows (no inter-row dependencies) from a single table,
that's not necessary, right?

Is there any way to disable that?

One alternative solution would be to provide the SCN_ASCENDING hint, as per:

http://berxblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/avoid-ora-1555-in-long-running-queries.html

This apparently causes Oracle to ignore the error and keep going, returning potentially inconsistent
data - but for our case, that wouldn't matter.

Any comments on this approach? Of course we'd need support from OraOop to be able to (optionally)
specify that hint, I assume via oraoop-site.xml.

Thanks,

-- Ken

11/09/17 17:56:08 INFO oraoop.OracleConnectionFactory: Initializing Oracle session with SQL
: alter session set time_zone = 'GMT' 11/09/17 17:56:08 INFO oraoop.OracleConnectionFactory:
Initializing Oracle session with SQL : alter session disable parallel query 11/09/17 17:56:08
INFO oraoop.OracleConnectionFactory: Initializing Oracle session with SQL : alter session
set "_serial_direct_read"=true 11/09/17 17:56:08 INFO oraoop.OracleConnectionFactory: Initializing
Oracle session with SQL : alter session set tracefile_identifier=oraoop 11/09/17 17:56:08
INFO oraoop.OracleConnectionFactory: Initializing Oracle session with SQL : alter session
set optimizer_index_cost_adj=10000

11/09/17 17:56:14 INFO oraoop.OraOopDataDrivenDBInputFormat: The table being imported by sqoop
has 11403264 blocks that have been divided into 1392 chunks which will be processed in 16
splits. The chunks will be allocated to the splits using the method : ROUNDROBIN

java.io.IOException: SQLException in nextKeyValue at com.cloudera.sqoop.mapreduce.db.DBRecordReader.nextKeyValue(DBRecordReader.java:246)
at com.quest.oraoop.OraOopDBRecordReader.nextKeyValue(OraOopDBRecordReader.java:312) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewTrackingRecordReader.nextKeyValue(MapTask.java:455)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.MapContext.nextKeyValue(MapContext.java:67) at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Mapper.run(Mapper.java:143)
at com.cloudera.sqoop.mapreduce.AutoProgressMapper.run(AutoProgressMapper.java:187) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:646)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:322) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child$4.run(Child.java:268)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1115) at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child.main(Child.java:262) Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01555:
snapshot too old: rollback segment number 3054 with name "_SYSSMU3054_4184535728$" too small
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:440) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:396)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.processError(T4C8Oall.java:837) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:445)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:191) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.doOALL(T4C8Oall.java:523)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.java:207) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.fetch(T4CPreparedStatement.java:1084)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.close_or_fetch_from_next(OracleResultSetImpl.java:359)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.next(OracleResultSetImpl.java:263) at com.cloudera.sqoop.mapreduce.db.DBRecordReader.nextKeyValue(DBRecordReader.java:235)
... 12 more
Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378