sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SQOOP AVRO ORAOOP some questions
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 11:39:09 GMT
Hmm... I've just marked problem with default AVRO mapping of type DATE as "Won't fix" in SQOOP-399
because it would break backward compatibility, but I'm starting to think that it needs to
be addressed anyway. I'll look on it later this week. Can you please file JIRA for that?

We've recently added option to force sqoop use different than default mapping, however version
1.4.0 do not support that for AVRO output. But there is working patch attached to SQOOP-362
that has been committed to the trunk and will be included in next release. Meantime you might
consider applying this patch to the base 1.4.0 release and rebuilding sqoop for you.

Can you also file JIRA for your second issue? You can also submit your patch for review in
case that you managed to fix that issue.

Thank you very much for your time during investigating the issues!

Jarcec

SQOOP-399 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-399
SQOOP-362 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-362

On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 11:48:24AM +0100, Antoine Pieretti wrote:

> [...]
>       My_COLUMN_KEY.
>
>       The job calls the TextExportMapper (not the AvropExportMapper), and
>       try to parse the file, wich contains the Avro schemas and parse it as
>       a data line.
>
>       Is it a common issue ?
>
>       Thanks for your help
>
>       Antoine PIERETTI
>

>       Accédez aux meilleurs tarifs Air France, gérez vos réservations et
>       enregistrez-vous en ligne sur http://www.airfrance.com
>       Find best Air France fares, manage your reservations and check in
>       online at http://www.airfrance.com
>

>       Les données et renseignements contenus dans ce message peuvent être
>       de nature confidentielle et soumis au secret professionnel et sont
>       destinés à l'usage exclusif du destinataire dont les coordonnées
>       figurent ci-dessus. Si vous recevez cette communication par erreur,
>       nous vous demandons de ne pas la copier, l'utiliser ou la divulguer.
>       Nous vous prions de notifier cette erreur à l'expéditeur et d'effacer
>       immédiatement cette communication de votre système. Société Air
>       France - Société anonyme au capital de 1 901 231 625 euros - RCS
>       Bobigny (France) 420 495 178 - 45, rue de Paris, 95 747 Roissy CDG
>       CEDEX
>       The data and information contained in this message may be
>       confidential and subject to professional secrecy and are intended for
>       the exclusive use of the recipient at the address shown above. If you
>       receive this message by mistake, we ask you not to copy, use or
>       disclose it. Please notify this error to the sender immediately and
>       company with capital of 1,901,231,625 euros - Bobigny register of
>       companies (France) 420 495 178 - 45, rue de Paris, 95 747 Roissy CDG
>       CEDEX Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message.
>       Think of the environment before printing this mail.
>

> Accédez aux meilleurs tarifs Air France, gérez vos réservations et enregistrez-vous
en ligne sur  http://www.airfrance.com
> Find best Air France fares, manage your reservations and check in online at  http://www.airfrance.com
 Les données et renseignements contenus dans ce message peuvent être de nature confidentielle
et soumis au secret professionnel et sont destinés à l'usage exclusif du destinataire dont
les coordonnées figurent ci-dessus. Si vous recevez cette communication par erreur, nous
vous demandons de ne pas la copier, l'utiliser ou la divulguer. Nous vous prions de notifier
cette erreur à l'expéditeur et d'effacer immédiatement cette communication de votre système.
Société Air France - Société anonyme au capital de 1 901 231 625 euros - RCS Bobigny (France)
420 495 178 - 45, rue de Paris, 95 747 Roissy CDG CEDEX
> The data and information contained in this message may be confidential and subject to
professional secrecy and are intended for the exclusive use of the recipient at the address
shown above. If you receive this message by mistake, we ask you not to copy, use or disclose
it. Please notify this error to the sender immediately and delete this message from your system.
Société Air France - Limited company with capital of 1,901,231,625 euros - Bobigny register