sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sqoop Installation Problem
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 08:02:56 GMT
Hi Otto,
Hadoop version 0.20.x is not yet officially supported. Reason why you can't find jar with
method org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getInstances is that your hadoop version do not
contain it at all.

We've recently started working on SQOOP-384 that will add support for 0.20 branch. There are
already patches available and Arvind has reported that he manage to get working simple MySQL
import on 0.20.205. So I would suggest to apply patches from both subtasks (SQOOP-412 and
SQOOP-413) on top of your sqoop version and try them out.

Jarcec

SQOOP-384: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-384
SQOOP-412: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-412
SQOOP-413: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-413