sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Eric Wadsworth <e...@wadhome.org>
Subject couple of questions
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 18:46:23 GMT
Hi folks,

The company I work for (cj.com) will shortly be using sqoop heavily. I'm
working on getting it up and running for us. We've got a bunch of Oracle
databases that we're going to connecting to our shiny new HDFS and HBase
clusters. We're not using the Cloudera distributions, just apache hadoop.

I got 1.4.1-SNAPSHOT to build just fine. The tests all pass.

Questions:
1. Are there any plans for an IRC channel *#sqoop* on freenode?
2. Is this version 1.4.1 known to basically work? Should we use this for
production work, or fall back to Cloudera's 1.3, or the 1.4.0 branch?

Thanks!

--- wad (Eric Wadsworth)