sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Re: couple of questions
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 23:59:26 GMT
Sorry, should have included that info.

Yes, it's the Cloudera release - actually a version of the code cut from the GitHub master
before 1.3.0 was released, with a few patches applied.

Running it on CDH3u0.

-- Ken

On Dec 5, 2011, at 2:58pm, Eric Wadsworth wrote:

> Ken,
>
> Thanks for the datapoint! So, you're using the Cloudera version then, since it's prior
to 1.4.0, right? Are you using a CDH as well, or an Apache Hadoop cluster?

> --- wad
>
> On 12/05/2011 12:08 PM, Ken Krugler wrote:
>>

>> On Dec 5, 2011, at 10:46am, Eric Wadsworth wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> The company I work for (cj.com) will shortly be using sqoop heavily. I'm working
on getting it up and running for us. We've got a bunch of Oracle databases that we're going
to connecting to our shiny new HDFS and HBase clusters. We're not using the Cloudera distributions,
just apache hadoop.

>>> I got 1.4.1-SNAPSHOT to build just fine. The tests all pass.
>>>
>>> Questions:
>>> 1. Are there any plans for an IRC channel #sqoop on freenode?
>>> 2. Is this version 1.4.1 known to basically work? Should we use this for production
work, or fall back to Cloudera's 1.3, or the 1.4.0 branch?

>> The only data point I can provide is that we're using 1.3 with OraOop for pulling
lots of data from Oracle DBs, and it's working well for many billions of records.