sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Re: couple of questions
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 20:08:29 GMT

On Dec 5, 2011, at 10:46am, Eric Wadsworth wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> The company I work for (cj.com) will shortly be using sqoop heavily. I'm working on getting
it up and running for us. We've got a bunch of Oracle databases that we're going to connecting
to our shiny new HDFS and HBase clusters. We're not using the Cloudera distributions, just
apache hadoop.

> I got 1.4.1-SNAPSHOT to build just fine. The tests all pass.
>
> Questions:
> 1. Are there any plans for an IRC channel #sqoop on freenode?
> 2. Is this version 1.4.1 known to basically work? Should we use this for production work,
or fall back to Cloudera's 1.3, or the 1.4.0 branch?

The only data point I can provide is that we're using 1.3 with OraOop for pulling lots of
data from Oracle DBs, and it's working well for many billions of records.

We're importing into HDFS as text files, if that matters.

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
http://www.scaleunlimited.com
custom big data solutions & training