sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Saurabh Sehgal <saurabh....@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop 0.20.append
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 03:18:13 GMT
Hi,

I am evaluating sqoop to do DB extracts from our relational stores.
The hadoop cluster running in production for us is Hadoop 0.20.append.
According to the sqoop introduction page on github:

"Sqoop relies on advanced features of Apache Hadoop. As such, it
requires the latest beta of Cloudera’s Distribution for Hadoop (CDH3
beta 2). Sqoop may be compatible with the Apache 0.21.0 release, but
this is considered experimental and should not be used in production.
The COMPILING.txt file describes how to select a Hadoop distribution
to target at compilation time."

Does this still hold true ? All I want to do is incrementally import
tables from an Oracle database. Can someone explain what features are
missing from the non cloudera distributions and why is it unsafe to
use them in production ?

Thank you.