sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Arvind Prabhakar <arv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: couple of questions
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 19:15:04 GMT
Hi Eric,

> 1. Are there any plans for an IRC channel #sqoop on freenode?

There is a #sqoop IRC channel on freenode but is not currently used.
If there is interest from the community, we can start hanging out
there on a regular basis. Maybe we can call a community to vote to see
how many people are interested in reviving the channel.

>  Is this version 1.4.1 known to basically work? Should we use this for production work,
or fall back to Cloudera's 1.3, or the 1.4.0 branch?

The most recent Sqoop release was 1.4.0-incubating which saw numerous
sweeping changes to align the namespace from com.cloudera.sqoop to
org.apache.sqoop. As is the case with any release that contains major
changes, it is advisable to test out the binaries in your use case in
a safe staging/testing area to ensure that it works for you. If you
find issues, please file the appropriate JIRAs and we will be happy to
assist. Patches are welcome too!

Thanks,
Arvind