sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Meyn <oli...@mineallmeyn.com>
Subject hbase ignored when using --direct and mysql
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 15:22:40 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to sqoop from mysql into HBase.  Everything works fine if I don't use --direct.
 When I add --direct however the results get written into hdfs, and no error messages are
generated.  It's as if the --hbase* params are all being ignored.  Is this by design?  Or
a bug?

I'm using sqoop-1.3.0-cdh3u2, and all other hadoop-y pieces are cdh3u2.  Here's my options
file (I've tried on the command line, and I've tried moving the --direct option to the start,
end, and middle of the options list - all to no avail).

import
# use mysqldump
--direct
--mysql-delimiters