sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [sqoop-user] Re: CAST function in the query failed
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 07:45:13 GMT
[Moving the thread to sqoop-user@incubator.apache.org. Please subscribe to this list]

Hi Hanjie,
casting inside --query parameter should be working. I believe that your issue is caused by
wrong column name that is retrieved from MySQL meta data and is passed to hive. Can you please
try using SQL projection and rename casted column? Something like SELECT CAST(page_title AS
CHAR(255)) AS page_title, ...?

Jarcec