sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Weihua Zhu <w...@adconion.com>
Subject sqoop exporting from hdfs to postgresql, using --staging-table option
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 23:10:51 GMT
Hi Guys,

   Good afternoon!
   I have a question. I was trying to sqoop exporting from hdfs to postgresql, using --staging-table
options due to transactions consideration. But it gives me error below.
   I am wondering if the staging_able is supported for GenericJdbcManager? if not, what kind
of manager should I use?
   Thanks very much!

  -Weihua

error message:

12/01/23 15:00:39 ERROR tool.ExportTool: Error during export: The active connection manager
(org.apache.sqoop.manager.GenericJdbcManager) does not support staging of data for export.
Please retry without specifying the --staging-table option.