sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Lars Francke <lars.fran...@gmail.com>
Subject Should compression with Avro import work?
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:16:39 GMT
Hi,

I've tried using sqoop import with Avro and it works beautifully. But
I've tried it with compression which according to the documentation
should work. It didn't for me so before I go any further: Is this a
problem in the documentation?

I briefly looked at the AvroOutputFormat and it doesn't do any
compression as far as I can tell. The job.xml is certainly correct in
that it mentions mapred.output.compress=true.

Removing the --as-avrodatafile option gives me a compressed text file
so I'm pretty sure I've got the command line right.

Cheers,
Lars