sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Weihua Zhu <w...@adconion.com>
Subject Re: sqoop exporting from hdfs to postgresql, using --staging-table option
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 01:13:51 GMT
Hi Kathleen,

  Thanks very much for the help...
  Regards,

  -Weihua

On Jan 23, 2012, at 5:26 PM, Kathleen Ting wrote:

Hi Weihua -

Unfortunately, the generic jdbc manager does not support staging.
As a result, I've filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-431 on your behalf.

Regards, Kathleen

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Weihua Zhu <wzhu@adconion.com<mailto:wzhu@adconion.com>>
wrote:
Hi Guys,

  Good afternoon!
  I have a question. I was trying to sqoop exporting from hdfs to postgresql, using --staging-table
options due to transactions consideration. But it gives me error below.
  I am wondering if the staging_able is supported for GenericJdbcManager? if not, what kind
of manager should I use?
  Thanks very much!

 -Weihua

error message:

12/01/23 15:00:39 ERROR tool.ExportTool: Error during export: The active connection manager
(org.apache.sqoop.manager.GenericJdbcManager) does not support staging of data for export.
Please retry without specifying the --staging-table option.