sqoop-user mailing list archives

From anil gupta <anilg...@buffalo.edu>
Subject Re: Importing more than one column family in Hbase through Sqoop
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:43:07 GMT
Hi Kathleen,

Yes, that is always an option. Thanks for suggestion.

I am a beginner at HBase. However, I was thinking of cutting down the time
to dump the data from Database. If i do it twice(assuming i have 2 column
families) then it increases the time of load the entire HBase table.
AFAIK, Sqoop generates put statements to import data into HBase. If we can
generate put statements for more than one column family. Would it violate
the atomicity principle of HBase? I went through the atomicity section of
http://hbase.apache.org/acid-semantics.html and I cant find anything which
would stop sqoop loading more than one column family and Hbase bulk load
also allows more than one column family although the approach of  HBase
bulk loading might be different from Sqoop. Could you provide me more
insight?  Sorry, if my question is dumb.

Thanks,
Anil Gupta

--
Thanks & Regards,