Hi Kathleen,

Yes, that is always an option. Thanks for suggestion.

I am a beginner at HBase. However, I was thinking of cutting down the time to dump the data from Database. If i do it twice(assuming i have 2 column families) then it increases the time of load the entire HBase table.
AFAIK, Sqoop generates put statements to import data into HBase. If we can generate put statements for more than one column family. Would it violate the atomicity principle of HBase? I went through the atomicity section of http://hbase.apache.org/acid-semantics.html and I cant find anything which would stop sqoop loading more than one column family and Hbase bulk load also allows more than one column family although the approach of  HBase bulk loading might be different from Sqoop. Could you provide me more insight?  Sorry, if my question is dumb.

Thanks,
Anil Gupta