sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: importing to hive with partitions
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:13:51 GMT
Hi Marcin,
that's actually my bad. You've used query import, so you need to specify --target-dir option.
Can you just try to call it with "--target-dir sample_rm3" (this directory will be created
in your home directory on HDFS) or other path if needed.

Jarcec

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 11:01:36AM +0100, Marcin Cylke wrote:
> On 04/03/12 13:38, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:
> >Hi Marcin,
> >can you try running the command without --target-dir parameter?
>
> No, I'm unable to do this, because I'm getting an error:
>
> Must specify destination with --target-dir.
>
> >It seems to me that you're trying to save sqoop output directly to HIVE warehouse
directory, however sqoop is firstly exporting data to different HDFS directory and then calling
hive for creating table and loading (moving) data.