sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: import error: column name '........pg.dropped.16........' not in table
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 20:11:13 GMT
You're welcome sir.

Jarcec

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 02:31:35PM -0500, Tolliver, Johnny S. wrote:
> On Feb 28, 2012, at 9:06 AM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:
>
> > Was your table created as you presented or did you removed some columns after table
creation?

> > I'm not an PostgreSQL expert, but it seems that you might hit SQOOP-445:
>
> Many thanks, Jarek. As it turns out, I did not create the table -- I'm trying to import
someone else's data into Hive. But I checked with that person today, and we believe it is
entirely possible that the original table was created with 16 columns and then had one dropped.
Just my luck to hit such a problem on the third import attempt. I'm going to try to import
some of the other tables (there are many big ones to choose from) to see if I have better
luck, but I think you've probably identified the problem.