sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Marcin Cylke <mcl.sqoopus...@touk.pl>
Subject Re: importing to hive with partitions
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:01:36 GMT
On 04/03/12 13:38, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:
> Hi Marcin,
> can you try running the command without --target-dir parameter?

No, I'm unable to do this, because I'm getting an error:

Must specify destination with --target-dir.

> It seems to me that you're trying to save sqoop output directly to HIVE warehouse directory,
however sqoop is firstly exporting data to different HDFS directory and then calling hive
for creating table and loading (moving) data.

However reasonable this looks, the CLI options' parsing keeps me from
doing so.

Any other advice? Or perhaps some kind of fix is necessary?

Regards
Marcin