sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Tolliver, Johnny S." <tolli...@ornl.gov>
Subject Re: import error: column name '........pg.dropped.16........' not in table
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 19:31:35 GMT
On Feb 28, 2012, at 9:06 AM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:

> Was your table created as you presented or did you removed some columns after table creation?
>
> I'm not an PostgreSQL expert, but it seems that you might hit SQOOP-445:

Many thanks, Jarek. As it turns out, I did not create the table -- I'm trying to import someone
else's data into Hive. But I checked with that person today, and we believe it is entirely
possible that the original table was created with 16 columns and then had one dropped. Just
my luck to hit such a problem on the third import attempt. I'm going to try to import some
of the other tables (there are many big ones to choose from) to see if I have better luck,
but I think you've probably identified the problem.

Thanks again!