sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ sqoopusers ] Re: import to hive hangs
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 17:01:37 GMT
It's hard for me to guess what happened. Would you mind providing log file with --verbose flag
set?

Jarcec

On Mar 7, 2012, at 4:54 PM, Marcin Cylke wrote:

> On 07/03/12 15:28, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:
>> I'm not sure whether it's connected to your problem, but sqoop is designed to firstly
import data into HDFS to a temporary directory and than using hive command "LOAD DATA" move
them to target location in HIVE warehouse directory. You seems to be importing data directly
into default HIVE warehouse directory (--targer-dir /user/hive/warehouse/sample_rm2). I would
firstly try to change --target-dir parameter to simple "--target-dir sample_rm2" (directory
with this name will be created in your HDFS home directory) or any other HDFS path outside
/user/hive/warehouse.