sqoop-user mailing list archives

From anil gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Sqoop modifies the DATE format in the exported data
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:57:18 GMT
Hi All,

I am exporting a table from Oracle using Sqoop. I have a date column in
Oracle table with  format as DD-MON-YY. I get the same format when i dump
the data from Oracle SQL Developer. But, when i dump the data using Sqoop i
get the following format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.x.
For the value "24-JAN-08" in DB, Sqoop will dump it as  "2008-01-24
00:00:00.0". Is this an expected behavior? If yes, please let me know why
does sqoop adds the unnecessary timestamp at the end and also modifies the
original date format?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta