sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Cheolsoo Park <cheol...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Sqoop modifies the DATE format in the exported data
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 21:08:46 GMT
Hi Anil,

Some of the Oracle JDBC drivers (version < 9.2 && > 11.1) auto-converts
date to timestamp:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/jdbc-faq-090281.html#08_01

Since Sqoop uses the JDBC driver to import data from the Oracle db, dates
in output files are in the form of timestamp.

Thanks,
Cheolsoo