sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Marc Sturm" <mas9...@nyp.org>
Subject loading as sequencefile and running an hadoop mapreduce job
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 16:28:42 GMT
Hi,

I am new to hadoop and sqoop. So far I was able to run a single node hadoop cluster on my
mac and I am trying to load data from sql server using sqoop 1.3 and Microsoft's sqoop connector.
The data is stored as varbinary column (though it is text blob) and I am loading it into hadoop
with sqoop using the --as-sequencefile option. I believe the result in the hdfs file is a
serialization of the java object of a class generated automatically by sqoop, the class name
is the table name and extends SqoopRecord: let's call it table_name.java . This was done successfully.

Now, I am trying to run a MapReduce job against this file but it is failing, I added the class
table_name.java in my jar. But when I run the mapreduce job, I get "ClassNotFoundException:
com.cloudera.sqoop.lib.SqoopRecord".
Even with the option -libjars sqoop-1.3.0.jar.

I hope all this makes sense to you. If you can help me understand what the problem is or point
me to the right documentation that would be great.

Thanks,
Marc

contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are
mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.