sqoop-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From DIPESH KUMAR SINGH <dipesh.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error while importing from Teradata to HDFS
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:01:01 GMT
Hi Cheolsoo,

Yeah, I know. I was looking for an alternative way by which we could tell
Sqoop to load jars from a location different than Sqoop/lib. I was looking
for such an alternative because currently i don't have
permissions to add jars in Sqoop/lib, though i have initiated the process.

Thanks & Regards,

Dipesh



On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Cheolsoo Park <cheolsoo@cloudera.com>wrote:

> Hi Dipesh,
>
> 12/04/23 01:02:42 ERROR sqoop.Sqoop: Got exception running Sqoop:
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load db driver class:
>> com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver
>>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load db driver class:
>> com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDrive
>
>
> Your Teradata jdbc jar is not found by Sqoop. The easiest way to fix it is
> to put *terajdbc4.jar* and *tdgssconfig.jar* in */usr/lib/sqoop/lib*.
>
> Thanks,
> Cheolsoo
>
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:32 AM, DIPESH KUMAR SINGH <
> dipesh.tech@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Cheolsoo,
>>
>> As you suggested, I tried after removing "TeraDriver" line from
>> connectors file but that didn't worked
>> too. Please help..!!
>>
>> Here is the stack trace:
>>
>>>
>>> 12/04/23 01:02:35 DEBUG tool.BaseSqoopTool: Enabled debug logging.
>>>
>> Enter password:
>>>
>> 12/04/23 01:02:42 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Checking for existing
>>> class: com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.TeradataManagerFactory
>>>
>> 12/04/23 01:02:42 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Attempting to load jar
>>> through URL:
>>> jar:file:///ms/user/a/sqoop-user/Sqoop/sqoop-td-connector-1.0.5.jar!/
>>>
>> 12/04/23 01:02:42 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Previous classloader is
>>> java.net.URLClassLoader@27b15692
>>>
>> 12/04/23 01:02:42 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Testing class in jar:
>>> com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.TeradataManagerFactory
>>>
>> 12/04/23 01:02:42 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Loaded jar into current
>>> JVM: jar:file:///ms/user/a/sqoop-user/Sqoop/sqoop-td-connector-1.0.5.jar!/
>>>
>> 12/04/23 01:02:42 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Added classloader for jar
>>> /ms/user/a/sqoop-user/Sqoop/sqoop-td-connector-1.0.5.jar:
>>> java.net.FactoryURLClassLoader@19e3cd51
>>>
>> 12/04/23 01:02:42 DEBUG sqoop.ConnFactory: Added factory
>>> com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.TeradataManagerFactory in jar
>>> /ms/user/a/sqoop-user/Sqoop/sqoop-td-connector-1.0.5.jar specified by
>>> /ms/user/a/sqoop-user/Sqoop/conf/managers.d/connectors
>>>
>> 12/04/23 01:02:42 DEBUG sqoop.ConnFactory: Loaded manager factory:
>>> com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.TeradataManagerFactory
>>>
>> 12/04/23 01:02:42 DEBUG sqoop.ConnFactory: Loaded manager factory:
>>> com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.DefaultManagerFactory
>>>
>> 12/04/23 01:02:42 DEBUG sqoop.ConnFactory: Trying ManagerFactory:
>>> com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.TeradataManagerFactory
>>>
>> 12/04/23 01:02:42 DEBUG manager.TeradataManagerFactory: Trying with
>>> scheme: jdbc:teradata:
>>>
>> 12/04/23 01:02:42 INFO manager.SqlManager: Using default fetchSize of 1000
>>>
>> 12/04/23 01:02:42 DEBUG sqoop.ConnFactory: Instantiated ConnManager
>>> com.cloudera.sqoop.teradata.TeradataManager@220ca470
>>>
>> 12/04/23 01:02:42 INFO tool.CodeGenTool: Beginning code generation
>>>
>> 12/04/23 01:02:42 ERROR sqoop.Sqoop: Got exception running Sqoop:
>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load db driver class:
>>> com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver
>>>
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load db driver class:
>>> com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver
>>>
>>  at
>>> com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.makeConnection(SqlManager.java:634)
>>>
>> at
>>> com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.GenericJdbcManager.getConnection(GenericJdbcManager.java:51)
>>>
>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.execute(SqlManager.java:456)
>>>
>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.execute(SqlManager.java:479)
>>>
>> at
>>> com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.getColumnTypesForRawQuery(SqlManager.java:192)
>>>
>> at
>>> com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.getColumnTypes(SqlManager.java:176)
>>>
>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.orm.ClassWriter.generate(ClassWriter.java:1017)
>>>
>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.tool.CodeGenTool.generateORM(CodeGenTool.java:82)
>>>
>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.importTable(ImportTool.java:337)
>>>
>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.run(ImportTool.java:423)
>>>
>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:144)
>>>
>> at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
>>>
>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:180)
>>>
>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:219)
>>>
>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:228)
>>>
>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.Sqoop.main(Sqoop.java:237)
>>>
>>
>>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dipesh
>>
>>
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Cheolsoo Park <cheolsoo@cloudera.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dispesh,
>>>
>>> I added the line com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver=<path to jar file
>>>> terajdbc4.jar> along with
>>>> com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.TeradataManagerFactory=<path to
>>>> sqoop-td-connector-1.0.5.jar>
>>>> in connectors file inside managers.d directory.
>>>
>>>
>>> Please remove "com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver=<path to jar file
>>> terajdbc4.jar>" from your connector file.
>>>
>>> It should only contain "com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.TeradataManagerFactory=<path
>>> to sqoop-td-connector-1.0.5.jar>".
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Cheolsoo
>>>
>>>
>>> On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM, DIPESH KUMAR SINGH <
>>> dipesh.tech@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I am trying to import the data from Teradata to hdfs referring Cloudera
>>>> Connector guide. I added the property
>>>>
>>>> (The Hadoop environment i am working in is a shared Hadoop
>>>> installation, So users are not allowed to
>>>> add any jars in lib directory or make changes in Sqoop-site.xml of
>>>> central installation.
>>>> However, users can use .profile i.e. user's configuration files to
>>>> specify CLASSPATH )
>>>>
>>>> I added the line com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver=<path to jar file
>>>> terajdbc4.jar> along with
>>>> com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.TeradataManagerFactory=<path to
>>>> sqoop-td-connector-1.0.5.jar>
>>>> in connectors file inside managers.d directory. In my CLASSPATH, i have
>>>> added path to
>>>> SQOOP_CONF i.e. a Sqoop folder where i have kept my managers.d and all
>>>> jars.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> With these I suppose i am able to connect to teradata using the
>>>> teradata manager factory using the teradriver as well
>>>> but, still i am facing this when i issue the sqoop import command as
>>>> below
>>>>
>>>> sqoop import
>>>> -libjars <path to tdgssconfig.jar>
>>>> --driver com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver
>>>> --connect jdbc:teradata://xxxxxx/DATABASE=dbname
>>>> --username hadoop --P
>>>> --table SQOOP_TEST
>>>> --num-mappers 3 --verbose
>>>>
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 DEBUG tool.BaseSqoopTool: Enabled debug logging.
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 WARN tool.BaseSqoopTool: Setting your password on the
>>>> command-line is insecure. Consider using -P instead.
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Checking for existing
>>>> class: com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.TeradataManagerFactory
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Attempting to load jar
>>>> through URL: jar:file:///Sqoop/sqoop-td-connector-1.0.5.jar!/
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Previous classloader is
>>>> java.net.URLClassLoader@6a8c436b
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Testing class in jar:
>>>> com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.TeradataManagerFactory
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Loaded jar into current
>>>> JVM: jar:file:///Sqoop/sqoop-td-connector-1.0.5.jar!/
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Added classloader for
>>>> jar /Sqoop/sqoop-td-connector-1.0.5.jar:
>>>> java.net.FactoryURLClassLoader@45db05b2
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 DEBUG sqoop.ConnFactory: Added factory
>>>> com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.TeradataManagerFactory in jar
>>>> /Sqoop/sqoop-td-connector-1.0.5.jar specified by
>>>> /Sqoop/conf/managers.d/connectors
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Checking for existing
>>>> class: com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Attempting to load jar
>>>> through URL: jar:file:///Sqoop/lib/terajdbc4.jar!/
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Previous classloader is
>>>> java.net.FactoryURLClassLoader@45db05b2
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Testing class in jar:
>>>> com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Loaded jar into current
>>>> JVM: jar:file:///Sqoop/lib/terajdbc4.jar!/
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 DEBUG util.ClassLoaderStack: Added classloader for
>>>> jar /Sqoop/lib/terajdbc4.jar: java.net.FactoryURLClassLoader@518f5824
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 DEBUG sqoop.ConnFactory: Added factory
>>>> com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver in jar /Sqoop/lib/terajdbc4.jar specified by
>>>> /Sqoop/conf/managers.d/connectors
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 DEBUG sqoop.ConnFactory: Loaded manager factory:
>>>> com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.TeradataManagerFactory
>>>> 12/04/13 02:29:32 ERROR tool.BaseSqoopTool: Got error creating database
>>>> manager: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver cannot
>>>> be cast to com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.ManagerFactory
>>>> at
>>>> com.cloudera.sqoop.ConnFactory.instantiateFactories(ConnFactory.java:90)
>>>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.ConnFactory.<init>(ConnFactory.java:60)
>>>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.tool.BaseSqoopTool.init(BaseSqoopTool.java:186)
>>>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.init(ImportTool.java:81)
>>>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.run(ImportTool.java:411)
>>>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:144)
>>>> at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
>>>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:180)
>>>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:219)
>>>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:228)
>>>> at com.cloudera.sqoop.Sqoop.main(Sqoop.java:237)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Please help.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks & Regards,
>>>> --
>>>> Dipesh Kr. Singh
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Dipesh Kr. Singh
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>


-- 
Dipesh Kr. Singh

Mime
View raw message