sqoop-user mailing list archives

From David Robson <David.Rob...@quest.com>
Subject RE: dynamic schema (table) creation
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 00:08:18 GMT
Hi Oleg,

The Quest Data Connector for Oracle and Hadoop can create the table if you have a template
table to work from - and has many other useful features and performance improvements over
the default connector. It is free and open source - you can download it from here:

http://toadforcloud.com/entry.jspa?categoryID=677&externalID=4298

The source code is available from here:

https://github.com/QuestSoftwareTCD/OracleSQOOPconnector

This doesn't achieve exactly what you are after but may help if you knew of another table
that would be the same structure. Look in the user guide on page 22 under "Create Oracle Tables"
section.

Regards,

David

From: oleg ruchovets [mailto:oruchovets@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 3 May 2012 7:47 AM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: dynamic schema (table) creation

Hi ,   I successfully write my data from hdfs to oracle using Sqoop ( I use java Sqoop.runTool()).
As I understand sqoop examines schema and generate java class. It works fine if I have already
created table , but in my case I have no predefined schema. I know table schema only in runtime.
  My question is how can I create oracle table using sqoop ?
Thanks in advance
Oleg.