Hi Sqoop gurus,

I currently use Sqoop to import from MySQL into HDFS.

Some of the tables that I import have become significantly larger to the point that a full dump significantly slows down the host.

I would like to split the imports into smaller chunks, but limit the number of chunks I download in parallel to avoid significant load on the server.

Is there anything in Sqoop that provides this functionality?

The closest thing I could find in the Sqoop user guide was the --num-mappers option, but using it to download in smaller chunks would increase the server load as all the chunks are downloaded in parallel.

Thanks!

Brian