My use case is to do a full import periodically. I looked at the incremental imports and it seems that it could be only used in combination with the --where option if I wanted to download specific chunk sizes.

I ended up writing a script that sets --boundary-query to select rows within a given chunk size range. ie) "select 1,1000" to grab the first 1000 rows and then the same sqoop job except setting --boundary-query to "select 1001,2000" for the next chunk.

Thanks everybody for the ideas that helped me reach this solution.