sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Vincent Barat <vba...@capptain.com>
Subject First tests does not work
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 10:31:08 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently starting evaluating Sqoop, and I've trouble doing a
simple import export. I use a local Hadoop cluster and LySQL server.

This works fine:

$ sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://localhost/customers --username
analytics --password analytics --table application
$ sqoop export --connect jdbc:mysql://localhost/customers --username
analytics --password analytics --table application_copy --export-dir
application

But as soon as I try to specify delimiters or use sequence files, I
got the following error during export:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: WritableName can't
load class: application
     at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.getValueClass(SequenceFile.java:1673)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.init(SequenceFile.java:1613)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1486)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1475)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1470)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.SequenceFileRecordReader.initialize(SequenceFileRecordReader.java:50)
     at
org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.CombineShimRecordReader.initialize(CombineShimRecordReader.java:76)
     at
org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.CombineFileRecordReader.initialize(CombineFileRecordReader.java:62)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewTrackingRecordReader.initialize(MapTask.java:522)
     at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:763)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner$Job.run(LocalJobRunner.java:212)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: WritableName can't load class:
application
     at org.apache.hadoop.io.WritableName.getClass(WritableName.java:73)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.getValueClass(SequenceFile.java:1671)
     ... 11 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: application
     at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClassByName(Configuration.java:819)
     at org.apache.hadoop.io.WritableName.getClass(WritableName.java:71)
     ... 12 more

I guess that Hadoop tasks cannot find the .class generated, but I
cannot figure out how to configure them to find the .class

Thanks for your help!

--
*Vincent Barat*
*CTO
* logo
*Contact info *
vbarat@capptain.com <mailto:vbarat@capptain.com%20>
www.capptain.com <http://www.capptain.com>
Cell: +33 6 15 41 15 18
	*Rennes Office *
Office: +33 2 99 65 69 13
10 rue Jean-Marie Duhamel
35000 Rennes
France
	*Paris Office *
Office: +33 1 84 06 13 85
Fax: +33 9 57 72 20 18
18 rue Tronchet
75008 Paris
France

IMPORTANT NOTICE – UBIKOD and CAPPTAIN are registered trademarks of
UBIKOD S.A.R.L., all copyrights are reserved. The contents of this
email and attachments are confidential and may be subject to legal
privilege and/or protected by copyright. Copying or communicating
any part of it to others is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
are not the intended recipient you must not use, copy, distribute or
rely on this email and should please return it immediately or notify
us by telephone. At present the integrity of email across the
Internet cannot be guaranteed. Therefore UBIKOD S.A.R.L. will not
accept liability for any claims arising as a result of the use of
this medium for transmissions by or to UBIKOD S.A.R.L.. UBIKOD
S.A.R.L. may exercise any of its rights under relevant law, to
monitor the content of all electronic communications. You should
therefore be aware that this communication and any responses might
have been monitored, and may be accessed by UBIKOD S.A.R.L. The
views expressed in this document are that of the individual and may
not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement or
recommendation by UBIKOD S.A.R.L. The content of this electronic
mail may be subject to the confidentiality terms of a
"Non-Disclosure Agreement" (NDA).