sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using sqoop over proxies
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:47:45 GMT
I'm afraid that sqoop requires ability to connect directly to your database from all nodes
in the cluster.

One solution that crossed my mind - maybe db proxies might help you? I mean you theoretically
could deploy your proxy in DC1, configure it to somehow to connect to DC1 and then from DC1
execute sqoop pointing to this (local) proxy.

Jarcec