sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Another sqoop incremental update question
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:02:58 GMT
Hi Chalcy,
I'm afraid that there isn't a way how to achieve deletes from withing Sqoop.

Just a quick question. It seems to me that you're trying to import data to HDFS, do some transformations
and put the data back to your database (using updates, inserts and deletes). In case that
I do understand your use case correctly, I would propose to truncate the table after your
input and use simple export to load updated data. I believe that such approach will be faster
than selective inserts, updates and deletes.

Jarcec