sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Export not working
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 14:36:39 GMT
Hi Sarath,
I'm glad that Sqoop has started working for you.

The internet advise with parameter -Dhadoopversion=100 should indeed do the trick, so I'm
not sure what has went wrong with your build. Maybe some previous classes were found and not
recompiled, would you mind trying "ant clean package -Dhadoopversion=100" to see if that helps?

Jarcec

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:30:06AM +0530, Sarath wrote:
> Thanks Jarcec. I downloaded the binary artifact and it's working now.
>
> I actually built my previous sqoop binary from the sources using the
> option -Dhadoopversion=100 (since my hadoop version was 1.0.3) after
> reading some blogs on the net. Not sure why it was still giving me
> that exception.
>
> Sarath.
>
> On Thursday 25 October 2012 09:35 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:
> >Hi Sarah,
> >this exception is very typical when someone is messing together incompatible hadoop
binaries and applications (for example sqoop compiled for hadoop 2 running on hadoop 1). Would
you mind checking that you've downloaded appropriate binary distribution for your cluster?
You have to use binary artifact sqoop-1.4.2.bin__hadoop-1.0.0.tar.gz for hadoop 1.0.3.