sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject SQOOP 1.3.0 questions using SQL Server
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 17:29:41 GMT

Hello all,

I'm testing a few switches for Sqoop import and I'm having the following problems.

When I use the -incremental switch, the command fails and shows me the help page.
When I use the -compress switch, the command works but when I try to uncompress the results,
it says gzip undefined compression code. I also tried to explicitly state the codec and it
would still not append the compression extension to the files nor am I able to uncompress
the data.
When I use the -as-avrodatafile I get ERROR tool.ImportTool: Imported Failed: Cannot convert
SQL type -9

Any ideas? I am not sure if upgrading Sqoop will fix it because SQL Server connector specifically
required a 1.3.0 release.

Thanks.

Artem Ervits
Data Analyst