sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Sarath <sarathchandra.jos...@algofusiontech.com>
Subject Re: Export not working
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 05:00:06 GMT
Thanks Jarcec. I downloaded the binary artifact and it's working now.

I actually built my previous sqoop binary from the sources using the
option -Dhadoopversion=100 (since my hadoop version was 1.0.3) after
reading some blogs on the net. Not sure why it was still giving me that
exception.

Sarath.

On Thursday 25 October 2012 09:35 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:
> Hi Sarah,
> this exception is very typical when someone is messing together incompatible hadoop binaries
and applications (for example sqoop compiled for hadoop 2 running on hadoop 1). Would you
mind checking that you've downloaded appropriate binary distribution for your cluster? You
have to use binary artifact sqoop-1.4.2.bin__hadoop-1.0.0.tar.gz for hadoop 1.0.3.