sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Sqoop 2 availability (Was Re: password field in job configuration)
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:18:09 GMT
Hi Chalcy,
I'm glad that you've asked. You've raised a very good question - I would personally like to
do "first cut" of Sqoop 2 this year to give our users first testable bits.

However having said that I need to point out that Sqoop 2 is still work in progress and that
this "first cut" will be far from completion. For example with Artem's concern - we're definitely
planning to move out all sensitive information from the mapreduce job configuration object,
but this first cut will most likely do exactly this. Similarly for Web UI - it's definitely
on our plan, but it won't be included in the first cut.

Does that answer your question?

Jarcec