sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject RE: password field in job configuration
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 15:54:54 GMT
Thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jarek Jarcec Cecho [mailto:jarcec@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:43 AM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: password field in job configuration

Hi Artem,
don't worry, I believe that this mailing is the best place to ask your question.

Unfortunately Sqoop 1 is always storing db credentials into mapreduce job configuration object
and you can always read them from there. I'm afraid that there isn't way how to overcome this
in Sqoop 1. Luckily we've noticed that this a big issue for a lot of our users, so one of
our primary goals when designing Sqoop 2 was to allow not to put sensitive information into
the job object, so stay tuned for Sqoop 2!

Jarcec

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 03:25:15PM +0000, Artem Ervits wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am not sure whether this is correct mailing list but I'm seeing this issue happening
where when I review the configuration of a sqoop import job.xml, I can see my password in
plain text under "mapreduce.jdbc.url". Is there a way to mask this field, again, if this needs
to be directed to Mapreduce mailing list, I'll be happy to do so, but if anyone knows the
answer, it will be much appreciated.

> Thank you.
>

> Artem Ervits
> Data Analyst
> New York Presbyterian Hospital

> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and
may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient,