sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject Append to file
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 19:17:34 GMT
Hello community,

1.       I'd like to know what people are doing when they need to do a daily Sqoop import,
incremental or not, to append the data to an existing file. One possible solution I can think
of is Hadoop archive files. Does Sqoop support an append to an existing file or HAR is the
way to go in my scenario? Also

2.       Another question I have is that if I sqoop import using -as-avrodatafile in conjunction
with -compress, the result is returned with .avro extension. If I wasn't using compression,
I can cat the file, how may I view the file when it's compressed? I have three files with
.avro extension, I tried to run gunzip -d on them but it won't recognize the codec.

Thank you.

Artem Ervits
Data Analyst
New York Presbyterian Hospital