sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sqoop and S3
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:12:40 GMT
Hi Jurgen,
I believe that your investigation is going very good direction, the MAPREDUCE-1806 in deed
do not seem to be ported into Sqoop. Would you mind opening a JIRA for that [1]?

Jarcec

Links:
1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 09:01:01PM +0000, Jurgen Van Gael wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently tried to use sqoop to export a Hive table that lives on S3 into my MySQL server
(sqoop export --options-file config.txt --table _universe --export-dir s3n://key:secret@mybucket/universe
--input-fields-terminated-by '\0001' -m 1 --input-null-string '\\N' --input-null-non-string
'\\N'^C). My Sqoop runs on a CDH4 cluster on EC2. I was getting errors such as the following:

> 13/02/11 17:37:15 ERROR security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:XXX
(auth:SIMPLE) cause:java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist: /universe/000000_0.snappy
> 13/02/11 17:37:15 ERROR tool.ExportTool: Encountered IOException running export job:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist: /universe/000000_0.snappy

> Since the files do exist on S3, I was reminded of getting the same errors when running
Hive queries against this table. The reason Hive was failing back then is because of a bug
in CombineFileInputFormat when using it against a non-default file system. These issues have
since been fixed in Hadoop:

> I believe Sqoop uses a version of CombineFileInputFormat but as far as I can tell from
the latest sources on GIT hasn't incorporated the above fixes. My questions for the user group: