sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does Sqoop acquire any locks when importing from SQL Server?
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 00:02:31 GMT
Hi Tim,
Sqoop is issuing usual select queries, so it does the same locks as the query would. No extra
additional locking is performed by Sqoop.

We've recently improved build-in Microsoft SQL Connector to support table hints, please check
out SQOOP-724 [1]. We're currently working on getting new version 1.4.3, that will contain
this feature.

Jarcec

Links:
1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-724

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 08:54:47PM +0000, Tim Goodman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Sqoop to import from SQL Server. I'm wondering if any locks are acquired on
the table I'm importing from, and if so, is there a way to do the equivalent of WITH(NOLOCK)
?