sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: question about -target-dir
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2013 18:14:30 GMT
Hi Artem,
would you mind sharing entire Sqoop log and associated mapreduce job configuration object?
The later can be retrieved in form of XML file from JobTracker web UI.

Jarcec

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 04:07:46AM +0000, Artem Ervits wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm running Sqoop 1.4.2. I'm running into a weird issue when I execute the following
command:

> sqoop job --exec IncrementalLoad -- -target-dir /PROD/SQOOP/$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S)
>
> The table I'm loading has 31 million rows. When job completes, the target-dir still remains
to be something like this: _sqoop/21225255558v_tblNameSqoop and not the designated directory.
It works as expected on smaller datasets but for some reason on this much data, it doesn't.
Also, I just added two nodes to the 4-node clusters, why does Sqoop by default chooses to
use 4 input paths and not 6?

> Thank you.
>
> Artem Ervits
> Artem@nyp.org<mailto:Artem@nyp.org>
> New York Presbyterian Hospital

> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and
may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient,