sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject Calling Sqoop incremental job from Map/Reduce code
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 15:26:50 GMT
Hello all,

I'd like to know if there's a way to execute an incremental job from a map/reduce program.
If there is a way, please point to a user guide I can take a look at to achieve it. In case
it is possible, does Sqoop need to be installed on every node of the Hadoop cluster? I'm aware
of the fact that Oozie would be able to achieve this but I was wondering if there are other
ways. Right now I have a script that first calls the Sqoop job and then executes the M/R job.

Thank you.

Artem Ervits
New York Presbyterian Hospital