sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject question about -target-dir
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 04:07:46 GMT
Hello all,

I'm running Sqoop 1.4.2. I'm running into a weird issue when I execute the following command:

sqoop job --exec IncrementalLoad -- -target-dir /PROD/SQOOP/$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S)

The table I'm loading has 31 million rows. When job completes, the target-dir still remains
to be something like this: _sqoop/21225255558v_tblNameSqoop and not the designated directory.
It works as expected on smaller datasets but for some reason on this much data, it doesn't.
Also, I just added two nodes to the 4-node clusters, why does Sqoop by default chooses to
use 4 input paths and not 6?

Thank you.

Artem Ervits
Artem@nyp.org<mailto:Artem@nyp.org>