sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject sqoop-metastore connection persistance
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 19:53:16 GMT
Hello all,

I'm configuring sqoop metastore so that I will be able to execute incremental jobs from Oozie.
I want to know how to make metastore connection persist? When the ssh session that starts
sqoop metastore dies, I lose connection to the metatore and cannot execute the saved job.
I thought I overcome the obstacle by adding another sqoop action prior to executing the incremental
job doing "sqoop metastore" and then when that completes, run the incremental, but what it
does is just open the connection and doesn't advance to the job execution step. What is the
right way to persist the connection to the metastore?

Thank you.