sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Cyril Bogus <cyrilbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java to Sqoop commands
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2013 21:33:15 GMT
Hi Jarek, thank you for your reply.

The computer On which I run the job is not connected to the internet so all
I can do is describe the output very briefly.

And by the way I am running Sqoop 1.4.2

Following your advice I have done the following

javac Importer.java

java -cp $CLASSPATH Importer

CLASSPATH contains all libraries for sqoop, hive and Hadoop
this is a brief description of the output:

Using Hive Specific Import ....
delimiters with --field-terminated by, etc.
Got error creating database manager: java.io.IOException. No manager for
connect string 'myserver:port/database;user;pass'

Again the classpath contains all the jars AND when I just copy and paste
the same command line that gave me an error in the program as a linux
command everything runs smoothly to the end.