sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: varbinary import
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 03:20:58 GMT
Hi Cyril,
unfortunately Sqoop currently do not supports importing binary columns into Hive, there is
JIRA SQOOP-792 [1] to add that support.

You can change your table based import to query based import and use some transformation function
to convert content of the column "image" to text (for example base64 or simply a hexa), which
will enable Sqoop to continue with the Hive import.

Jarcec

Links:
1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-792