sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Miguel Angel Martin junquera <mianmarjun.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Warning: /usr/lib/hbase does not exist!
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 07:48:23 GMT
hi all:

I want to export some files in hdfs to mysql so  I choose and install
 sqoop 1.4.3 version in centos 6 .

I set  HADOOP_COMMON_HOME, HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME.

 and when i run sqoop command  I have this WARNING:

*$ sqoop*
*Warning: /usr/lib/hbase does not exist! HBase imports will fail.*
*Please set $HBASE_HOME to the root of your HBase installation.*
*Try 'sqoop help' for usage.*

and sqoop semms to run ok

example:

* sqoop help*
*Warning: /usr/lib/hbase does not exist! HBase imports will fail.*
*Please set $HBASE_HOME to the root of your HBase installation.*
*usage: sqoop COMMAND [ARGS]*
*
*
*Available commands:*
*  codegen            Generate code to interact with database records*
*  create-hive-table  Import a table definition into Hive*
*  eval               Evaluate a SQL statement and display the results*
*  export             Export an HDFS directory to a database table*
*  help               List available commands*
*  import             Import a table from a database to HDFS*
*  import-all-tables  Import tables from a database to HDFS*
*  job                Work with saved jobs*
*  list-databases     List available databases on a server*
*  list-tables        List available tables in a database*
*  merge              Merge results of incremental imports*
*  metastore          Run a standalone Sqoop metastore*
*  version            Display version information*

I do not use HBASE and I do not have intalled it so ...

Is HBASE a reuqeriment to use Sqoop?

how can i resolve this or other dependencies like Zookeeper, etc if they
are requeriments...

can I disable the hbase message warnning?

Thanks in advance and regards