sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sqoop export - parse exception
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2013 15:44:36 GMT
Hi Peleg,
thank you very much for your feedback! Would you mind sharing with us entire Sqoop log generated
with parameter --verbose, but without the --input-escaped-by? I would be interested to see
what exception was thrown. If the job is failing on mapreduce side, please also do share the
failed map task log as it might contain additional information.

Jarcec

On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 03:36:10PM +0000, Peleg, Eyal wrote:
> I tried without using the " input-escaped-by" statement, and it threw an exception.
> Only when I did use this statement, and even though they both had the same value, the
first table I mentioned went through successfully.

is correct. Is your input really delimited and at the same time escaped by tabulators?

> Jarcec
>
> On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 11:39:51AM +0000, Peleg, Eyal wrote:
> > My export command is as follows:
> >

> > sqoop export --connect 'jdbc:sqlserver://papdb-dev.intel.com:3180;username=epmsysadm;password=s!peruser;
DATABASE=AdvancedBIsystem' --table testing --export-dir  /user/eyapeleg/test --input-fields-terminated-by
'\t'  --input-escaped-by '\t'  --lines-terminated-by '\n' --username epmsysadm --password
's!peruser'